[IP] (no subject)

In a message dated 12/27/99 7:06:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 If you wear your pump (i.e. Disetronic) or even part of
 your insulin tubing (Quick Release sets) in a hot tub, the
 heat tends to destroy the insulin.  It can also make a site
 fail  >>

Dear Susan,

Thanks for this insight.  I can't believe I never thought about the insulin
left in the tubing from the "Quick Release" to the site, while lounging in
the hot tub.  I haven't had a problem, but noting how sensitive humalog is to
excess heat and cold, I'm surprised I haven't had a problem after
reconnecting.  I will definitely watch for this.