[IP] Re: hot tubs and pumping

In a message dated 12/27/99 7:06:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< ny advice?  Would the tub still cause an
 > insulin rush from the insulin in his tissues?  Or can he enjoy the tub as
 > long as he'd disconnected? >>

Dear Sunny,

I live in NE Ohio...unfortunately I don't have the awesome mountains to enjoy
as a backdrop....but we do have an outdoor hot tub.  I have been giving
myself a .5 bolus before into the hot tub and then disconnect.  I haven't
noticed any problem with Bg's afterward.  They remained stable.  Last week I
stayed out in the hot tub disconnected from pump for about an hour and a
half.....enjoying some alone time with my husband and no problem.

What a great trip for your son!  I hope he had a great time.