Re: [IP] pregnancy-to Daniela

My insulin requirements in those 8 1/2 months went up 3 to 4 times higher
than pre pregnancy.  Both boys were healthy although born by c-sections at 38

Both came home with me in three days (each spent about 6 hours in a neonatal
unit because of their low blood sugar) I was able to nurse both of them.  The
first till he quit me at 9 months.  The second when I quit him at 22 months.
The second was a projectile vomiter that I swear if he would have been normal
twins I could have done that too!

The only complication that came up was both times I developed carpal tunnel
numbness of both hands.  The slight swelling I had over my whole body caused
it and It initially went away about six weeks after each delivery.
Approximately 4 years after my youngest was born, it returned to stay.  After
messing around with it for about a year I had them both repaired
approximately three months apart.

Having diabetes for in excess of 20 years at the time of conceiving the
first, I had and still have background retinapathy.  It remained stable and
still to this day remains stable.  I see the retina consultants at Barnes
Hospital every six months and have done so for years.  During the
pregnancies, I saw them every six weeks.

My kids are perfectly normal and would drive any one crazy with their
Pokemon, Star Wars, and Brittney Spears junk.