Re: [IP] Insulin Infusion Specialties

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Steve Lazarus wrote:

> Has anyone experienced the same level of frustation in
> dealing with IIS lately?  They never have my supplies
> available when I need them (they are always on
> backorder) and can't seem to get my insurance coverage
> straight, after 16 months already!  I am considering
> going straight to the manufacturer for my supplies.
> If  anyone has any suggestions here, please let me
> know.  Thanks and Cheers.

I ran into this kind of problem once, I called the insurance company,
asked for a supervisor (kept escalating) and explained that it was their
obligation to provide me with a reliable supplier that could make sure
that I received these "life support" items in a timely fashion. AND that
the manufacturer was less costly and I would prefer to order direct.

The result was a special dispensation to order direct, shortly
thereafter, MM was added to the list of regular suppliers.