Re: [IP] RE:Insulin & Hot Tubs

	My relatively uninformed guess is that hot tubs should have less
effect on pumpers than shooters, provided the pumper disconnects. I've
enjoyed hot tubs for years but haven't tried one since pumping (6 whole
days). But here's my guess:
	Heat should  accellerate absorption. And it may degrade the insulin.
	 Shooters have that pool of insulin sitting there to be affected.
Pumpers have a much smaller reservoir, unless it's right after a bolus. The
kind of infusion set may also make a difference. Tenders/Sils/Comforts have
very little reservoir on the skin side once disconnected. My understanding
is that the Sof-Sets have short "tails'' in which insulin would be exposed
to the hot tub heat.
	Having said all that, I never noticed any particular correlation
between BG and hot tub use when I was injecting. And a soak in a hot tub,
particularly one that is outdoors with a view of the mountains, is one of
the real joys of skiing, if you ask me...

Jeffrey Weiss
email @ redacted
Dallas, TX