[IP] Anniversary

> From: Fran <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Anniversary

> As a periodic ranter, I wanted to share my thoughts as my family and I
> do not recognize the 4 year anniversary of our becoming diabetic.  I
> can't help but feel differently when I read how other list members
> commemorate that horrific day that their lives changed forever. I cannot
> tolerate giving diabetes even one more second of my attention than it
> already demands.
> Happy Holidays and Healthy New Year!
I'm going to celebrate LIFE on 11/4/00 - and Joslin and Lilly think it is
significant enough to recognize life after 25, 50, and 75 years. To look
down on those who do mark the occasion makes you right and them wrong. To
each his own. Living this *lifestyle* for 5 looong decades is a significant
occasion. For those who want to mark the first anniversary - or 5th - or
whatever, that's their right -- you do not have to participate. I'm having a
*bash,* though, and you're invited.
Happy New Year - as healthy as anyone can be.
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)