Re: [IP] children and test strip containers

A couple suggestions:

1)  Use the containers from the  old One Touch strips to hold the Accuchek
strips. Don't throw out the Accu Chek container, since there is information
on there re: test control limits, etc. that might come in handy. You might
want to mark the code number from the AccuChek strips on the outside of the
One Touch containers for reference.

2)  Have an adult open the AccuChek container, then "wipe / rub" the inside
edge of the cap with their finger. It seems like the small amount of
lubrication from your skin can help with subsequent openings (a rep from
Roche demonstrated this to me a couple years ago).

3)  If 1 & 2 don't work, continue with the One Touch meter, unless there's
a compelling reason to change. Sometimes convenience is an overlooked
variable in the onward march of technology <g>

Bob Burnett
mailto:email @ redacted