Re: [IP] (Fwd) Computer Virus Alert!

At 07:09 AM 12/24/1999  James Stamas wrote:
 >If I never opened a file like would this virus be loaded to my computer?  Is
 >it sent by just reading an email or do you actually have to open the attached
 >file?  Just curious.

As far as I know, you have to execute the program for the virus to infect
your system. I had a copy here to look at, and I had no problems. So,
unless your mailer auto-executes attachments (NOT a good thing), you should
have no problems. To be safe, you might want to check the folder that
contains mail attachments and make sure that it is totally deleted from
your system... that way it can't be accidentally triggered.