Re: [IP] photo virus - NOT

George Lovelace sent out an e-mail yesterday (Thursday)
with lots of details about baby.exe and other related
viruses.  You might want to get in touch with him about it.
 If you can't get the info from him, let me know as I saved
the e-mail because of all the important information in it.

           MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

--- Sam Skopp <email @ redacted> wrote:
> At 11:47 AM 12/23/1999  Sam Skopp wrote:
>  >At 10:41 AM 12/23/1999  email @ redacted wrote:
>  > >well actually I believe the thing that you are all so
> freaked about
> were the
>  > >GREAT pictures of Melissa getting "installed"  If it
> caused your pc to
>  >freeze
>  > >or go bonkners, I am sure it was not this file's
> fault!!  It WAS a big
> file,
>  > >but well worth it, in my opinion to see htat happy
> face.
>  > >
>  > >Thanks for sharing the pictures!!!
> Update!! There has been major confusion between two
> separate items.
> The post that appeared on this list, to which Sara
> refers, which was a link
> that showed the first day pump installation is NOT a
> problem. It was pretty
> cute actually, and I enjoyed seeing it. It was really
> nice to have that
> special day shared with us. As far as I can tell, there
> is no concern about
> viruses from this site.
> However, there is a second totally unrelated message that
> has been sent
> directly to some members. It has an attachment called
> "baby.exe". Although
> scanning shows no viruses I can't say that it is safe...
> just unknown at
> this point. If anyone has received this file and opened
> it up, can you
> please write me privately to tell me what it does and who
> it came from? We
> are very concerned about the propagation of unsolicited
> files via this list.
> Thanks.
> Sam

*   Susan K.  (^i^)