[IP] Re: A Mother's Nightmare!

Hi all, remember me, the Mom who was sending her 12 year old pumper to Utah
over this holiday to ski with his aunt, uncle, and cousins, and was scared to
death?  Read on.........Got up at 4a.m. so my son could make a 6 a.m. flight
from D.C. to Dallas (where he was to meet his relatives, who were flying
there from Ft. Lauderdale - they were all then to fly on to Salt Lake
together).  The flight out of D.C. was delayed for 4-1/2 hours which caused
my son to miss his connection from Dallas to Salt Lake.  Before finally
leaving D.C., the airline got him on a later connection from Dallas to Salt
Lake, but it meant he had to sit around Dallas-Ft. Worth airport for 7 hours
alone!!!!!  As providence had it, one of the relatives who was flying from
Ft. Lauderdale also missed his flight and ended up on the same connecting
flight to Salt Lake as my son, so he was only alone for a few hours until
meeting up with a friendly face.  They all ended up together in Salt Lake -
phew - but no, this is not over.  Got a call that night at midnight, my son
had to change a battery and for some reason the pump stopped its audible
signals.  Being a Mom, I was then up all night imagining error alarms going
off in silence in the night.  Heard from him the next morning, and his OTHER
battery had to be changed, and when he consulted the book about how to make
his beeps come back, and did what it said, the beeping WOULD NOT STOP!  Thank
God, he had his spare pump and just used that one.  He decided to take his
basals down from about 1.1 to .7 (I thought that was too much of a decrease,
but he thought it was right, and I deferred to him.)  Turns out he was
accurate, his numbers after a full day of skiing were in the 79-129 range.  I
am one proud Mom and just wanted to let all of you who were so helpful know
how the trip started!
-Sunny (whose hair has turned white almost overnight!)