[IP] Problems with Humalog Pens??? Or is it ME?

Hi Everyone,

    I have learned so much from you guys. I am so grateful to be able to
read about the pump before I even get to see one in real life.

     I did just recently do a 3 day trial with a MiniMed 507 with saline in
it. I get the REAL thing on January 5, 2000. Woo Hoo!!

    Well, anyhow, I had a Hemoglobin test done in October which was 6.2. I
was so happy about it. Well, for the past month I can NOT keep my blood
sugars under control at all! I have NOT changed my eating habits, I have
actually eaten less then I ever have in my lifetime the past month.

    Well, anywise, get to the point, right? Well, I was wondering if anyone
here has ever received more then ONE bad bottle of Humalog? I cant figure it
out. Then I thought it was me, but I have had Diabetes for 15 years and I
pretty much know ME.

    Well, anyhow, I use the pens that come in a box of 5. In the past few
weeks I was sick so I wasn't sure if that was it, but NOW I am NOT! Well, I
am used to ranging from 30 - 200. I am Brittle and I can usually handle the
lows, I get a lot of Glucagon, UGH!

    Well, anyhow, I have been ranging from 200 -400! OUCH! I went two whole
days with just water and NO food, I couldn't get it down. So I changed Pens
several time, OUCH EXPENSIVE, and it seemed to work for a day, I could
finally eat, then the next day back UP!!!

    I know you guys aren't doctors, but has anyone EVER had this happen.
Does your Insulin last for a short time, then it goes bad? I mean this is
WEIRD!!! I think I trust Eli Lilly too much with my life.

Thank you for letting em vent!