Re: [IP] chat with a teen re "overdelivery"?

The only problem we have had in 5 months is this ...

About a month ago, while Rachel was at school, she had and error 2 or 3 (low
battery in compartment 2 or 3). She got this message in the nurse's office
while bolusing for lunch. They called me to get a new battery (I forgot to
put one in her school emergency box). When I took it over, they both thought
it hadn't given her the lunch bolus. We changed the battery and Rachel
started to bolus. Very quickly, I thought what if it had bolused and no one
checked. I stopped the bolus and checked her pump for recent boluses and low
and behold it had delivered. If I wouldn't have checked, she would have
overbolused. Now, this is truly a man-made error. She has since learned to
check the memory for the last bolus if this were to ever happen again.

Mom to Rachel,  12