[IP] chat with a teen re "overdelivery"?

Yesterday in a diabetes chat room, there was a self-declared 17 year old teen
who claimed she had a MM 507C pump that overdelivered insulin.  She said she
had had 4 seizures in 2 weeks.  She also said her mother took away her
drivers license. From much of what she had to say, I was suspect at best.
Several moms of pumpers were also in the chat room and via IM we all
expressed our doubts about this girl's claims.  Obviously one can get too
much insulin from having a basal rate that is set too high, or over bolusing
etc.  It was clear she did not like being on the pump  and was happy to be
back on injections.   Over the 4+ years that my son has been pumping, I have
NEVER suspected that his pump delivered more than the programmed amount
whatsoever.   This morning I'm feeling guilty at having blatantly told that
teen I didn't believe what she was saying about the overdelivery to be true
based on other comments she had made.  There was some discussion that it is a
man made machine and has flaws.  As an ardent pump enthusiast, and one who
promotes pump therapy for children as a near full time job without pay, I had
to bring this up to the IP group.  My question to the IP 1800+ is, have any
of you ever suspected that your new pump on the market delivered more than
what was programmed to deliver?