Re: [IP] Latest HBA1C

"David L. Dougherty" wrote:

> I haven't had any dangerous hypos since starting the pump and I was afraid
> this fact was going to skew my results upward.

I bet your A1c didn't go up because you also reduced the amount of
highs.  Since I have hypo unawareness, the Nurse Practitioner and I
agreed my 5.9 (< 6.6 lab "normal") pre-pump A1c was too low and wanted
to see it higher.  When the next 2 came in about the same with no hypo
problems, we decided to stop worrying about my A1c being too low.  My
target range is 100-130 and I treat any bg under 100 as a hypo so I know
my bg average isn't as low as my A1c indicates it is.