RE: [IP] 2 hour pp

I understood your method Ruth, but this is a complete
YMMV thing.  On MDI Humalog reacted much the way you
explain and the three hour rule might have worked.  However
insulin isn't a linear release, it is much more exponential.
So if the insulin is peaking at 2hrs that may mean you only have
.2 left not .4.  So although this works for Geneva, it may be
just luck?

Now that I am on straight Humalog, I find the insulin peaks in
less then 1 hr and seems to  be out of me in 2hrs.  So if I am
high at two hours and it was a standard sized meal, I will correct
the full amount.  The bigger the meal and the more insulin I take
to cover it the more I wait.  I am finding I have to dual wave a
lot of my meals because the insulin is peaking at 1 hr and the food
at 2hrs.  Interesting...

-- Sherry

Well to clarify your rule:

Total Meal Bolus / 3 = x
x times (number of hours after meal < 3 hours) = y
y = amount of insulin already "acting"
Total Meal Bolus - y = amount left
z = correction for current blood sugar
z minus amount left = new correction