Re: [IP] Accu-Chek or One Touch Profile

>Lifescan came out, a while back, with new strips for the One-Touch and >Profile meters.  These newer strips look the same but they measure plasma >values not whole blood values. They sent letters to all the registered owners >of thesemeters about it.  It is also on the package insert, I think.

hmmm. We never got one of these letters either. Our CDE also told us our
Profile measures whole blood not plasma. Will have to check out the
package insert. However, Shane also uses a Precision Pen which I believe
measures plasma, and when he does side-by-side tests with the Profile
they are always within about 5 points of each other.