Re: [IP] 2 hour pp

In a message dated 12/22/99 10:45:53 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< In Pumping Insulin, they say that if you have a high peak, and yet your

BGs are OK at the 4 hour mark, you might try giving the bolus a LITTLE

earlier, because the problem is most likely a mismatch of timing.

I find that for me, their advice is right on target -- MY problem is

disciplining myself to give the bolus 5 min. early and WAIT -- I wanna

dig in NOW! >>

An adaptation of that technique is to take a portion of the bolus early (no
more than 15 minutes if you are near normal), and the balance when you see
your food and know just how much you need.  Another advantage of a pump.