RE: [IP] Atkins Diet

I tried it about a year ago for 3 or 4 months. I lost about 13 pounds but
then the weight loss stopped. When I went off the diet I regained 8 of those
pounds in a matter of 3 or 4 days! Most of the loss was evidently water. The
diet stabilized my sugar but that's about all I can say for it. It is
incredibly boring. Recently I have done the opposite. I increased my carbs
and cut way back on meat and fat (about 5 oz per day of meat is all I eat,
sometimes a bit less). I have lost 17 pounds so far and am continuing to
lose without being hungry. I have not cut back so much on calories, just
meat. It's working very well for me. I would discuss the Atkins diet with my
doctor if I were you. My doctor said it was OK for me to try it. Yours may
have reasons you shouldn't. Hope this helps.