Re: [IP] Accu-Chek or One Touch Profile

Holly,

The meter came with some calibration solution.  Use that to check
which meter is correct.

BTW, you will probably NOT find a meter that has a perfect accuracy.
While I do not know what the specified accuracy is on the Accu-Chek,
I've heard figures like +/- 10 to 15% for meters in general.  You
WILL NOT find a meter that reads exactly down to 1mg, at the prices
they charge for these!  Even lab equipment has a known accuracy, that
I would venture a guess to be in the 1-5% range of error (my guess).

If your One-Touch said 236, and if it had an accuracy of 15%, the
range in which the true reading is in, would be between 200.6 and
271.4.   If the error is 10%, the range would be between 212.4 and
259.6.  The same would be true of the Accu-Chek, but starting with
176, figuring from there.

But, you really should use the calibration solution, to check how
close your meter is to a KNOWN amount.

Kevin

--
WB0DPN