[IP] duration of pizza increases

Just curious-how long do most of you up the insulin when dealing with
foods like pizza? Shane seems to have to amount of increase figured out
well, but not quite the duration. We were told that the pizza is
generally digested in about 6 hours, so he has been increasing basal
rates for 6 hours, during which time the readings are great! However,
after he goes back to the regular rate, he turns up high (180-200) about
3 hours later. A bolus will bring him right back down with no further
problems. So we are thinking that he might try extending the increase
for another couple of hours. Does an 8 hour increase sound excessive, or
are there others out there who go this long? Oh yes, he uses Humalog,
and doesn't seem to have digestive problems like slow digestion.