Re: [IP] Lilly 50 year medal

In a message dated 12/21/99 9:51:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< The Lilly Medal is silver and says Lilly & CO 50 >years
 > Insulin Therapy. I never take it off my neck. Roger C dx 47
 I was told that the Lilly 50-year medal required 50 years of LILLY insulin.
 I was on Velosulin for 13 years until Humalog came out. I'm planning my 50th
 anniversary bash for 11/4/00. Already have the paper work from Joslin, but
 would I not qualify for the Lilly award? >>
Jan that would shock me. As I said I did not write lilly. After I got the
Joslin Medal Lilly sent me a letter and shortly after that a 50 year medal
came. I think if you ask the Joslin they will do the same for you as they did
for me. If you would like I will send a copy of the letter. They say nothing
about (lilly insulin) only the fact of using insulin 50 years. I hope the
next 11 months go by smoothly Roger C.