[IP] First A1c after pumping

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say I started pumping on 9/27 with an A1c of 8.1.  I had my
labs drawn today and I have gone down to a 7.9 in about three months.  I was
really pleased with this little bit of progress.  I hope it gets better.  I
am meeting with my CDE on the 22nd to go over my numbers and I hope she can
answer some of my questions.  I've been working with MM, I had a prob. with
the 508 which I mentioned in a previous post, the thing delivered too much
insulin, but I was awake at the time (0130) and stopped the pump when the BG
hit 38.  I am so thankful I was up and watching Law and Order reruns that

Today, I rcvd. excellent service from the pump Helpline.  So hopefully they
have worked out the kinks.  They say I can have a new 508 in January, but I'm
almost afraid to try it again.  Any thoughts?

I will have 25 years of living with diabetes this June. I was 17 when I was
diagnosed and put on insulin. I think the pump is the way to go.

Best wishes to all for a Happy Holiday.