[IP] Re: pump choice (was HEMOGLOBIN A1C- Whoa!)

> Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 23:47:18 EST
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] HEMOGLOBIN  A1c - Whoa!
> I am trying to get a pump and will in April on Medicare. I will get a (D)
> pump because of all the problems with the MM punps and the trouble they have
> fixing there pumps. Roger C dx 47

I wholeheartedly respect your decision to get whichever pump you choose.  But I
hope you make your choice based on a balanced view of the facts.  For what it's
worth, I used a MM 506 for 4 years (in fact, I started with it exactly 4 years
ago today--happy anniversary to me!).  I never, ever had a problem with that
pump.  It was wonderful.  It never needed service, did not give me strange and
troubling alarms, and did exactly what it was designed to do, 24-7, for those 4
years.  I have had my new MM 508 for the past month and have had no problems
whatsoever with it.  Since I began pumping, all my inquiries to and dealings
with MM have been handled in a timely, responsive, professional manner.  SO, get
the pump you choose, but don't do it because you assume the other pump/company
is fraught with problems.  That has certainly not been my experience.

Congratulations to you on what will be a great new adventure!