[IP] Re: When uyour child realizes what diabets...

Just as with other bodily functions, be prepared to answer their questions as
they ask them and don't get spindoctored into presentations they aren't ready
for.  The "why can't i eat all my halloween candy" type questions are the
same for a DM and non DM child - because it isn't good for you.  I was
diagnosed at age 4.5 almost 44 years ago and was told as I asked why I had to
do things different - not that I was different.  A contemporary of mine was
told Diabetes would disappear at puberty if she was good - it didn't  and
caused her some behavioral health therapy at a time when she had other things
she could have been doing.  Just remember that the crisis's you expereince
will help the next person solve there's. - Bob