Re: [IP] When your child realizes what diabetes is....sorry so lo ng

I can't answer this as a parent of a diabetic, but I was 5 when I was
diagnosed(22 now)...
    I was not too aware of the complications until my first year at diabetes
camp at age 9.  There we had nightly group discussions you could sign up for
on a bunch of different topics.  It was in these groups where we could ask
the counselors/nurses anything related to the subject being discussed, and
sometimes we'd get off track a little.  The harsh reality was presented in a
straightforward, honest way.  It freaked me out a little at first, knowing
what I did at such a young age, but I'm glad now that I found out about
complications like I did.  Kelly