RE: [IP] When your child realizes what diabetes is....sorry so lo ng

I should add, to make it longer... :)

I also think that being a parent of a child who is diagnosed
is harder the younger the child is.  Mostly because the child
often needs the parent to care for them because they are too
young.  Then you have more to worry about when you slowly pass
the responsibility on.  It is hard enough as parents of non-diabetic
children to let them go when they go to kindergarten, middle-school,
high-school, college, etc...  Letting a diabetic child draw up their
insulin, go on an overnight, etc.  would seem even harder.

So I just wanted to add I salute all you moms and dads out there
who have survived bringing children up who are diabetics and are
currently "surviving".  I try to let my mom know I appreciate it
as much as I can now...because I certainly wasn't as nice about it
back then. :)

-- Sherry