[IP] re: Customer Care From Pump Companies

Hi all,

I think this question is interesting, too.  My son and I have had no
problems with our MM pumps, and we've received all of our supplies in a
timely manner with no complications.  I've always been able to get through
to someone at customer service to answer my questions--I waited less than
five minutes to place an order the Monday morning after the time change.  I
didn't even know there had been a problem until I caught up with my email
that evening.

We live in central Wyoming, and our diabetes education team hasn't needed
to assist us in dealing with the company since the purchase of the pumps.
If I were having problems and the company wasn't responsive, I would
certainly contact my endo and my support team for any assistance they could
offer; so far my team has only had to help us with purely routine matters,
thank goodness.

For those of you who are struggling, my wishes for a resolution to the
problems!  Argh.....

Doreen in Wyoming

email @ redacted:

"Wouldn't it be interesting to see a correlation between how pump users are
treated and whether they are patients of a large practice (hospital or
otherwise) or whether they are basically out there fighting for service on
their own?....In any event, I was just trying to reconcile how it can
happen that two universes of customers can receive such diametically
opposed care."