[IP] pat on back, hospital visits

Dear Julia,

Kevin went to 3 different hospitals. UVA hospital is where he got his pump
on, Martha Jefferson is a local hospital also, and Kluge Childrens Rehab
Center are all in Charlottesville, VA.  He wanted to give back some happiness
around the same day he was diagnosed because he feels blessed at this point
in his life. It has now been officially 1 year. Hard to believe we have dealt
with this for so long!

His school is a private Christian school. He got his 5th grade class to
donate "like new" books that we put together with his web site, and some
candy and goodies for Christmas and gave out.

I think it was a great idea for him.  We are always looking for community
service ideas since they have to do 12 hours/year.  My daughter is in high
school and has to do 30 hours/year!  He thought about going around to the
rescue squads and showing his pump and see if they had questions. We havent
gotten the nerve to do that yet!

Thanks for asking.

Mom of Kevin, 11, dx 12/98
pumping since 5/99