[IP] When your child realizes what diabetes is....

I want to thank all of you for all your great advice and for being so

I want to ask parents of children who were dxed at a very young age when and
how their children became aware of the possible complications of diabetes.
Laura is 6 and I'm concerned about when the day comes when she realizes what
could possibly happen from complications.  She is totaly unaware at this
point.  I don't want her one day reading a book or being on this website and
discovering the harsh realities.

I want to sit her down at some point and explain to her.  But at what age?
How?  Has anyone lived through this who can give me some advice?  When
people ask Laura how can she take all those shots a day, she says "well I
don't want to die" with a smile on her face, so she does know there are
consquences to her actions and non-actions.

Thank you.