In a message dated 12/20/99 6:13:21 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted

<< When questioned, they said there was nothing I could do to prevent the
 surgery.  Just keep on doing what I'm doing.  Last A1C was 7.3.  They
 explained the surgery involves taking the vitreous fluid out of the eye,
 replacing it, removing the scar tissue and placing a gas bubble in my eye to
 flatten out the retina.  MD stated if it were on the outer edges of the
 macula they wouldn't worry about it, but because of where it is they have to
 watch is closely.  It's not IF I have surgery, it's WHEN I have the surgery.
 I thought I was doing great as I have not had any hemorrhages since being on
 the pump X 4 years.    I just received my 508.  I was using the 506. >>

I'm praying for you-------keep up the positive thinking!!!!   Thanks for
sharing your eye exam findings.  I think it is important for all of us to
know that these changes take place before we have any symptoms.   Happy
Holidays!!         Dianne