Re: [IP] infected site?

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Ruth Schneider wrote:
> at what time do we just give in and go see the MD to get antibiotics?  (god
> I hate this)
> when should we assume that it is indeed a full blown infection?
> we are applying heat via those "WARM PACKS"  that you can get  at sports
> shops for .99
> great thing to keep on hand in the old pump supply box for possible
> infections.

IF! the infection does not appear to be clearing up IMMEDIATELY, do not
pass go, etcc.... see a doc immediately. Because the infection is in a
deep wound, it has the potential to spread quickly and be dangerous. This
usually does not happen, but you must be very vigilant and assume the
worst if you do not have improvement by the time you read this.

The usual therapy recommend by our doc for Lily has been hot compress (as
hot as you can stand) minimum twice a day. The topical antibiotic
probably won't do much.... So far we've never had a problem with the two
or three times Lily has had an infection. It's improved right away and
healed within a few days.