Re: [IP] Any tips on keeping the tape stuck??

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999 email @ redacted wrote:
> I was curious to know if anyone has any suggestions out there to make my tape
> stay on longer.  I have been pumping for 4 days now and I have been having
> problems with my tape coming loose which twice has made my cannula come out.
> It is coming loose after I take a bath at night.  I am using the IV 3000 tape
> and have been putting two layers on even.  I would appreciate any suggestions
> especially on how to keep that tape in place when I take a bath!!

IV3000 is the 'least' sticky of the available tapes. Unless you have tape
allergies, try Kendall Polyskin II or Tegaderm, and.... use a skin prep
such as Smith & Nephew "Skin Prep" (not IV Prep which looks similar).
This puts down a protective and sticky barrier that the tape sticks to a
lot better.