I have been following the posting on weight gain, HgbA1C and the pump. My
daughter also gained a bit but she is thin and needed to. Her HgbA1C however,
went from 6.4 on shots (started age 12) to 10.3 last Oct. on the pump. She
just turned 14 in Dec. and we have attributed this to a variety of growth
spurts, prepubescent hormones, a few illnesses, and an occasional teen memory
lapse. We went along for a couple more months with good BG 4-5 times a day
and found her # went down only 2 tenths of a point! I finally had her go back
to the before every meal, at bedtime, and two hours after meals testing
pattern and we found out that she often has postprandial highs. Hopefully she
will have a better reading this time. It has been pretty frustrating watching
her great HgbA1C # creep up over the last year or two on the pump. Of course
she doesn't walk around with BG of 20 any more either!
Well, just needed to vent. Thanks.