I can't begin to tell all of you the problems I have had with my 508.  I
have talked to more people in the Minimed organization then I care to
remember.  I finally got to speak to one of the highest level executives
available.  He is the Vp of Research and Development at Minimed.  I
suggest you write him directly (by email) and explain your concerns.  Be
very explicit about your particular situation. I recommend you try to be
respectful as possible but I know it is difficult to be polite when you
feel like the system is being unjust.  I don't think Minimed is
intentionally causing problems for us but none the less there is some
definite problems going on within their origination.  Minimed is not a
bad company I think with any large organization things tend to fall
through the cracks.  Still not an excuse.  Like I said I have had
numerous problems with Minimed and not to mention the lack of help from
my local sales rep but when I escalated my concerns I did see some
resolutions.  I am not totally happy because I too had to take time off
from my work to be available to receive five pumps if less than four

If you want Minimed to serve us better let them know.  This is the only
way they can improve.  I am including the email I recently received from
the VP of R and D from Minimed.  Good luck and I hope everyone has a
nice holiday.

         Your MiniMed 508 questions
         Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:49:05 -0800
         James Causey <email @ redacted>
         "'email @ redacted'" <email @ redacted>
         Teresa Tovar <email @ redacted>

Hello Richard,

May I help answer questions regarding your 508 pump or Remote

Jim Causey
VP R&D, MiniMed Inc