RE: [IP] MM 508 Software Problems

My understanding is that the problem was with the pumps mailed out before
November 17th.  So your pump should not have these problems.

The customer service person at MM explained to me that the problem was with
setting the basal rates on the pump.  If you changed the time and the basal
amount from what it had been set at on the pump it "might" cause a problem.
<Problem was not explained>.  This apparently isn't a given, but to be safe
they told everyone to set the 12am basal back to 0 and the second to --:--.
Then reset them all.  This apparently bypasses the software problem.
Everyone who received a MM508 before the date stated above was FedExed a
letter explaining how to reset the basals back to 0.  This is something your
probably don't have to worry about.  All of us with pumps with the ending
numbers 20A3 and a couple other numbers near that, I won't state in case I
am wrong (20A3 is mine) will have new pumps mailed to them after the first
of the year and will mail back our current ones.

This actually kind of saddens me.  I have grown attached to Patience in the
past two weeks and I am not sure I want to send her back. :(  It feels like
I adopted a child and then found out later the child had some health issues.
The adoption agency gives me the option to trade in for a healthy new shiny
child, but would I want to trade in this beautiful being that has become
part of my life?  Sorry for being dramatic.  I had a hard time trading in my
car earlier this year for a new one also. ;)

-- Sherry