[IP] Which Features To Choose?

I am more than slightly afraid to enter this dialogue but I'll contribute

For myself the ability to provide a very high temporary bolus, as well as the
ability to provide square and dual wave bolus, are highly important.

I remember back when I started pumping (20 years ago) that the German Hoechst
pumps performed meal boluses as temporary (1 hour) basal rate changes.

This made so much sense to me that for 14 or 15 years I programmed the basal
rates of my pumps to match meals in order to get better post meal results!
(No, couldn't do this on original pump since the basal rate was a function of
insulin dilution.  But with AutoSyringe MP had the ability (with work) to do
equivelent of square wave bolus!  (Guess who pushed AutoSyringe for this

Anyway the ability to perform square and dual for many of us is important so
that is a consideration.  Another consideration is multiple basal profiles:
excersize, sick, etc.  This is a pain with current (507c) pump but I'm hoping
to find a good excuse for insurance to upgrade to 508.

Note that I didn't write which pump to choose as D is coming out with pump
with these features shortly (or maybe already) and there are one or two new
pumps with similar features also about to release.  YMMV on any of them as
local sales reps, performance of individual pump (does it work) and all of
this type of stuff is outside of my ability to predict.

 This message sent to you from the desk of
  Yerachmiel Bruchya haLevi Altman's computer.