[IP] Consistent Inconsistancy

THIS SITE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE.  I'm slow and cautious, but after reading
here about kids and growing and the inconsistency of ratios and basals, I
felt confident and yesterday made significant changes in Summer's (10yo,
pumping since July) basals.  I finally got it. I'd been waiting weeks for her
to settle down again into the pattern she'd been in before getting sick, and
it never happened.  All we've been doing is a cycle of corrections and highs,
for weeks.  I was beginning to hate pumping.  Last night her readings were
not just better, but perfect.  I took advice and also added a new basal field
for her afternoon grazing.  I now understand that the adjustments will be
constant, and we're back in control.  Without this help it would have waited
until her next endo. appointment in Feb., and that is too long.  I was wrong
to be too hesitant, but am right to access this site and learn and apply.
You all need to know that we (mostly) silent listeners are very much
participating in our own way, and grateful for your generous support,
experience and knowledge.  Holly