[IP] Peace pump.

Hi All
No hard feelings,CJ.  I owned a '72 Caddy Coupe de
Ville, and I can't tell you how much fun I had with
that big boat.  Also had a little '80 Toyota Corolla
Hatchback, drove that into the ground.
The argument about the 2 pumps is again a bit soft.
... Disetronic gives 2 pumps as 1) the Diabetic is
NEVER inconvenienced, and 2) it's plain good business.
 Additionally, because the insurors and the government
are so price sensitive, you won't ever see much price
differential between the two companies, or the higher
priced will lose out.  Therefore, I would suggest that
no matter WHAT the price is, Disetronic is acting in
the best interests of the Diabetic, which is fine
business in my book.  Why can't Minimed sell only
based on it's own merits, as opposed to denigrating
its competition?  I don't know.  Frankly, my doctor
chose the Disetronic, so I have no emotional
investment in this.  As to the argument about the
individual picking out the pump due to his paying for
it, I apologize for assuming that most everyone has
insurance.  If your insurance doesn't cover the pump,
perhaps you should contact your State Insurance
Commissioner.  If I had to pay for mine, I would have
a much more emotional investment, as well as
financial.  Now that I live in the city, I don't drive
ANY car at all.  I have a personal driver whenever I
need one; it's called a Taxi.  Cheers.  Steve Lazarus.

--- insulin-pumpers-digest <email @ redacted>
wrote:

> insulin-pumpers-digest  Wednesday, December 15 1999
> Volume 03 : Number 756

> This issue of the digest contains:
> [IP] Fw: Re:Which Pump to buy ?
> RE: [IP] Re: Humalog and Weight Gain
> Re: [IP] anger issues in children, missing school,
> thanks
> [IP] which pump to use?
> [IP] Re: Profile of eric p autio <email @ redacted>
> Re: [IP] anger issues in children, missing school,
> thanks
> [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #755
> Re: [IP] FYI BAtteries ;and other MM order
> nightmares - long
> Re: [IP] Hungry child
> [IP] Meter Comments, etc.
> [IP] Re: Humalog and weight gain
> Re: [IP] Glucometer Elite vs Dex meters
> Re: [IP] Exercise, angry child, guilt, and things
> [IP] Choice of pumps
> [IP] BAYER [ DEX GLUCOMETER ]
> [IP] Growth Spurt?
> Re: [IP] Tragic News Tonight
> Profile of Cindy Turner <email @ redacted>
> Profile of Gilda Weisskopf
> <email @ redacted>
> [IP] Re: which pump?
> [IP] gastro update - venting
> Re: [IP] gastro update - venting
> [IP] Free BG Meter
> [IP] Re: stomach pains
> Re: [IP] Re: stomach pains
> [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #753
> [IP] re: Eric P. Autio
> [IP] Re:{IP} Stand up for your pump

> Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:48:21 -0500
> From: "dubjut" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Fw: Re:Which Pump to buy ?
>
> - ----------
> > From: dubjut <email @ redacted>
> > To: email @ redacted
> > Subject: Re:Which Pump to buy ?
> > Date: Wednesday, December 15, 1999 03:36PM
>

> > I  would like to Thank " Some" of the members for
> posting their views
> obout
> > which pump they prefer to use!!!  I like it when
> people stand up for what
> > they beleive in just like I did when I first
> started this Post, My thanks
> > go out to WENDY & LISA for your imput that you
> posted I'M  shure it will
> help
> > Marcia in deciding which pump to purchase!!!!  And
> as for Steve I found
> > your response to be Rude, Sarcastic,&
> demeaning,!!!!!   First of all I do
> know
> > Something about Disetronic pumps,   I had My
> choice also Between the two
> > pumps and chose minimed,  I Take it you don't know
> much about minimed
> > because you said something about a 508c, There is
> no 508c,  And steve if
> > you read my post again I did mention the software
> problem which they have
> > already fixed,    When you build a sophisticated
> machine your bound to
> run
> > in to a few snags { Hey look at NASA They have a
> little bit of egg on
> their
> > face right now but are they going to stop the
> [...]
=== message truncated ===