[IP] heart disease and type 'a' personality....

Lately I've been having symptoms that scare me.  The first episode went like this: I was sitting down watching tv after dinner and started to feel short of breath.  I got up and then felt dizzy.  I then checked my pulse and it was 60/bpm. This has happened a few times in the last month.  I checked my bg and it was 126.  I told my dr. and she is sending me for an EKG. I read some articles on the web about heart disease and diabetic women. Pretty scarey.  Supposedly, symptoms for heart disease in diabetic woman are hard to pick up because they affect the small blood vessels not the large ones.  I am also a type 'A' personality and get stressed easily, which is another reason why I'm worried.  Can anyone offer any advice as far as getting the tests that will find the problem if there is one?
IDDM 16 years, pumping 8 months