Re: [IP] Glucometer Elite vs Dex meters

the "children with diabetes" website rated the dex with some of the highest
marks of any meter.  as far as feeling low goes, remember that the dex and
the elite are calibrated to plasma and thus would read ~ 12% higher than,
for instance, a one-touch profile or an accuchek advantage.  i attended a
vendor-night at a pump support group last nite and got a free dex, wasn't
planning on using it except for novelty but i certainly haven't heard
anything this terrible about it.  i certainly won't be using it now, anyway,
after your experience.  but.. with such a bad a1c couldnt justin TELL that
he was running in the 300-400's??

>Justin's numbers were probably running lots higher than the meter was
>reading!  He told us that in a consumer reports magazine, the Dex was rated

>very very low.     We switched to an Elite XL,  and for the first couple of

>days,  Justin always felt low.....even though he would test & be fine!  Dr.

Miranda Miller
Electro-Optics Engineer
TRW Systems / Nightvision Labs
mailto: email @ redacted