RE: [IP] Glucometer Elite vs Dex meters and Pump War

Just like the pump wars, lets not get into meter wars.

Both pumps in the end to the same thing...deliver insulin.  How it does it
and what features it has are very similar but may differ between the
companies.  However, everybody on this list is most likely partial to one or
the other brand.  We have our reasons for choosing the ones we did.  I for
one love mine, but would have been just as happy with the other brand.
People interested in starting to pump should do research on them and decide
for themselves what pump is best for them.  I would not persuade anyone away
from one of the brands nor towards.  I would help to send them in the
direction of information on both and stay impartial.

As for meters, the same philosophy follows.  I have tried different machines
and find that I like my Profile better then any other.  However, I think all
the other machines are just as good.  I have had a One Touch machine for as
long as I can remember and know exactly how much blood I need for it to be
accurate, and what numbers my goals are off of that machine.  I know before
the machine tells me if it is not enough or tainted...etc.  I am sure most
of you are the same with your favorite meter.  You are reluctant to change
meters because you aren't as sure of them as you are your old standby.  So
instead of fighting over what machine is bad and what machine is good.  Lets
talk about pumping and what issues, triumphs we have had.

Thanks,
Sherry