[IP] Tragic News Tonight

Hi everyone.
On the news tonight was a tragic story that was unfortunately DM related.  A
7-year old girl went to school (Peabody,MA) and told her teacher that her
mother had died the night before.  The teacher told her that she shouldn't
talk that way and sent her home after class.  Apparently her mother had
"fallen asleep on the couch and died of complications of diabetes."  I am
assuming she died of an insulin reaction.  The daughter had found her in the
morning and had been unable to call for help because she couldn't figure out
how to use the new telephone they had recently gotten.  When she was sent
home she spent evening sitting on her moms lap watching tv and telling her
that everything was going to be alright.   Her grandparents called later
that evening and she told them about her mother.  They of course immediately
called an ambulance and rushed over to help.  The school is under
investigation for not reporting or checking up on her story.  Her mother was
only 35 years old.

The story certainly made me feel more mortal tonight,
-- Sherry