Re: [IP] Hungry child

>She cann't go without eating just about every hour on the >hour.  I want her
>to stop eating, so I can get her down at least once!  Would >you say no if
>your child was starving?

No, of course not!  What you describe is not a child starving.  I would
look hard at some cause other than hunger for the snacking.  Of course she
has the ability to control her life as she wishes but I wonder if she
realizes that she is setting herself up for future misery.

Of course, nothing is certain.  She may eat and have high BGs and suffer
nothing but I would not bet on it!  And that is what is happening.  She is
betting on her future.

Everyone gets angry now and then.  Everyone has a desire to rebell.
Everyone feels despair at being trapped in this web.  It is unfair and
unkind but it is the truth.  I am diabetic and I don't like it.
Nevertheless I must try, as hard as I am able, to take care of myself in
order to have hope for the future.  It does require more maturity than I am
often willing to give it.

>From The Desiderata:
"Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and stars;
You have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the
universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its
sham, drudgery & broken dreams it is still a beautiful world. Be careful.
Strive to be happy."

          Author: Max Ehrmann
Bob Blakely