Re: [IP] anger issues in children

In a message dated 12/13/99 2:52:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  My husband and I just can't say the right things
 to her. >>

During puberty - speaking as a mom and still remembers what it was like to be
child/adult - i am not sure there are any magical right words.
My advice would be - let her make as many choices that life allows - get her
invloved in what it takes for somethings to happen.  ie: endo visits, eye
visits, dentist visits, (making up school work alone can be alot depending on
the teacher and can cause extreme stress for someone) We have an IEP for Kap.
We schedule appointments on Tuesdays.  At least this way - he starts school
on Monday - get Tuesdays assignments and falls back into the swing of things
on Wednesday and is ready for test on Friday.  I inform all doctor related
visits Tuesdays is the only day he can miss from school.  Endo - I would make
an exception for but I didnt have too they already have visits only on
Keep the Faith!
And Plant those Seeds! (great advice from the young lady and sooo true)
Mom to Kap - age 9
dxd 8/98