Re: [IP] anger issues in children

Hi, I'm 19 now, but I remember 12 like it was yesterday...and what it was like to have diabetes at that age. I love the idea of making a "day" out the Dr. appt....my MOm and I did that, and it made the day special and I actually looked forward to missing school!  Also, I remember my friends...some of them acted like complete idiots about my diabetes, and that make the teenage years even more difficult.  My Mom kept reminding me that my diabetes was nothing to be ashamed of... Even if she won't listen to you now, the seed will be planted, so keep reminding her of that!  I think the therapist would be a great idea...not only to talk about diabetes, but for some self-esteem building. If her confidence and self-worth can be really built up, she'll be more prepared to deal with feeling "different" b/c diabetes, and hopefully realizing that she's really not!  Good luck and keep up the great work....supportive parents really do make all the difference, I know mine did!  Jasmine