Cookies have nothing to do with our ability to receive Spam.  That
is just a "normal" occurrence of being on the web.  Anyone is
"allowed" to send you email.  I sometimes receive several Spams a
day (5 this morning), Michael our Exec. Director receives many
more than that.  But that is not dependent on cookies.  There are
Good Cookies but there aren't any "Bad" ones, just ones that taste
yucky. :>Q   Cookies can be like electronic signatures that tell a
site that you have visited them in the past.  They may contain
information useful for accessing that site, so deleting them will
require you to re-enter that information.  Deleting cookies is useful
if your "cookie jar" has become overly full and your system runs
sluggishly.  ;>)     But, at this point, cookies are not related to
Viruses or Spam.

George Lovelace