[IP] diet pop

Subject: [IP] diet pop/soda and nutrasweet
>>My husband said he read an article
>> stating it was not good for diabetics to drink a lot of diet pop

>I worry about this also...only with nutrasweet in general.  and I am not a
diabetic. but we use quite a bit of >equal to sweeten coffee,  iced tea,
cereals, etc.

I am NO expert, but I think perhaps the reference to the pop for diabetics
is the phosphates not being good for the kidneys to process. They're just
trying to find something else to deprive us of. Also the caffeine may not be
proactive. Saccharine has been banned in Canada - not USA. Cyclamates have
been banned in USA - not Canada. Go figure. Sweet 'n Low contains
saccharine. I think almost any foodstuff has someone who is
allergic/sensitive/intolerant to it.
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)