Re: [IP] Will my child die from diabetes?

I understand we are all going to die (sorry).  My goal is to live
forever, and  I'm doing pretty good, so far.  Some of us are going
to pass before others.  My brother, polio (age 6 in '56, survived)
and I, dm ('66) have outlived my mother, myasthenia gravis (age 39),
father brain hemorrhage (age 30) and my brother malignant melanoma
cancer (age 29).  Some are going to die from a drunk driver or for
thousands of other totally senseless acts or diseases.  As I said, I
think we will all have to die from something.  Diabetes is just as
good, or bad, as  many others.  Besides condemned murderers, and one
other exception, I don't think many of us get a choice.

Just as I have missed fewer days in the last 30 years to illness
(0), than my 'healthy' counterparts, I also believe  that my life
expectancy, and any dm'er that takes care of themselves, is higher
than many (all?) smokers, drinkers, druggies, etc.

As others have said, my mother cried for days when I was diagnosed,
which really made it seem hopeless for me.  She died within 3 years
from her affliction.

When worrying, crying, whining, etc. begins to do any kind of good
at all, I will begin doing it.  Until then, I am going to have as
good a life as I can.
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
I cried because I had no shoes, until I saw a man with no feet, so I
took his shoes.
-- Dave Barry