Re: [IP] Will my child die from diabetes?-Darlene

You who are my source of inspiration....I always get a chuckle out of your ventings.
Amen, to strokes from dealing with non-D's.  Some just deserve a smack!
When my son (17yo) whines about things not being "fair" and that the Big D "stinks"
(mostly pre-pump) I merely ask him to think back to the days at Children's Hospital.
Walking down the hall were bald children (some missing limbs) pushing their IV poles holding the chemo drugs.  Others were severly disabled, in wheelchairs who would never run, or read.  I asked him to look around at these, and figure who really had the raw deal.  Diabetes does stink, but as long as we work at control, we can manage it, not the other way around!!

Laura--Hang in there.  We have all "been there, done that".  It does get easier, and thank God for that.

>no one is granted a tomorrow -
>Venting is allowed - sometimes a must!
>I may have a stroke and die a short life from dealing w/ community of

>Keeping the faith!

LYCOShop is now open. On your mark, get set, SHOP!!!