[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #740

Re:  Testing

Hi Jennifer.  Glad to see someone else tests just about as much as I do.  I must test 15 times a day.  I just about do all the same tests at the same time you
do.  I like to know where I am all through the day.   I also test most nights about twice.  I have the same basal 24 hrs. a day, and sometimes I need a little
insulin during the night time to carry me through.  My nights are never the same, so I do better just to keep a check on it, and if I need a little more, I can
do a temp basal for an hour or just take a bolus.  About the insurance, they really have NO right to question the doctor.  I have Aetna insurance.  They told
me it didn't matter if I checked 20 times per day, as long as the doctor perscribed this.  I mean, who are they to question the doctor!  Good luck and keep on